Boston College offers a wide variety of courses for Adult Learners (19+), both daytime and evening, with the majority under 16 hours a week.
The College offers over 150 courses for Adult Learners. Whether you are looking to improve your English and Maths, to find a course to help you progress with your current job role, or to learn a totally new skill, there is sure to be a course for you!
Listed below are all of the Adult Learner Courses available separated by course area.
Work, Learn, Earn with an apprenticeship!
An apprenticeship is a combination of on-the-job training in the workplace, and classroom or workshop based learning at Boston College.
You'll gain relevant job-specific skills from your employer, and be supported through a nationally recognised qualification by train College Assessors, all while earning a wage. You'll also have the opportunity to improve your English, Maths and ICT skills to help you progress your career plans and goals.
For full information on the range of courses available, visit the 'Apprenticeship Courses' page.
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce Certificate Level 2
- Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 2
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (STLiS) Certificate Level 2
- Early Years Educator Diploma Level 3
- Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) Diploma Level 3
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (STLiS) Certificate Level 3
As well as personal development courses, the College also offers accredited and industry standard management and technical training. The College's bespoke skills solutions, can be completely tailored to meet your individual needs.
Courses are diverse and wide in range. The courses cover everything from electrical or health and safety, through to leadership, management and team leading.
For more information visit our 'Management and Technical Training' course page.
- Skills for Working in Health, Lifestyle and Science Industries Entry Level Certificate
- Fitness and Physical Activity YMCA Award Level 1
- Exercise to Music YMCA Certificate Level 2
- Gym Based Exercise YMCA Certificate Level 2
- Gym Instruction and Personal Training Diploma Level 3
- Personal Training Diploma Level 3
- Assessing Vocational Achievement Certificate Level 3
- Education and Training Award Level 3
- Education and Training Certificate (CET) Level 4
- Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice Award Level 4
- Certificate in Education Post 14 (Education and Training) Level 5
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Post 14 (Education and Training) Level 7
Boston College offers you the opportunity to study a University Level course right on your door step, with a range of HND, Foundation Degrees and Degree courses at a fraction of the cost of going to university.
You will only need to attend College for two day a week, and tuition fee loans are available, which means no upfront fees.
For full information on the range of courses available, visit the 'University Level Course' page.
Need some more advice?
If you are unsure about which course is right for you, Boston College Careers Advisers are here to help. The Career Advisers offer FREE impartial Career Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) and are available before you start to college, whilst you are studying at college and when you are ready to take the next step.
If you would like to make an appointment with one of the College's Careers Advisers, they are available by appointment at both the Boston and Spalding campuses, by either calling the College's Information Line on 01205 313218 or by email.