T Levels Page banner-01

With a national delay with some T Level course specifications, Boston College will now be offering T Levels from September 2023.


From September 2023, Boston College will be offering T Levels!

T Levels are brand new two year courses, available for those aged 16 to 18 years old, and are the equivalent to three A Levels.

Endorsed by businesses, they bring together classroom learning and a 315 hour industry placement to allow students to experience an industry while continuing their studies.

THE NEXT LEVEL QUALIFICATION

Back by business - designed with leading businesses and employers to give students the knowledge, skills and behaviours they need to work within industry or to progress onto higher level education.

T Levels are aimed at those students who achieved at least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 including English and Maths and have a strong interest in their course area.

Students will spend 20% of their time on a placement with an external employer, with the remaining 80% in the classroom. 

T Levels are worth UCAS points! A T Level Distinction* is worth the same as three A Levels at A*, and are recognised by universities, so students can choose to continue at a higher level if they wish.

INDUSTRY PLACEMENT

T-Levels_Toolkit_2021_Social_V4

Industry placements provide students an opportunity to develop their practical and technical skills in a role directly relevant to their vocational course. 

Employers also have the the chance to ensure that young people are developing the skills and experience that their industry needs! 

Placements can be offered as a block, day release or a mix of these.

T Levels are different from apprenticeships as students will be spending 20% of their course on placements unlike an apprenticeship where they would be spending 80% of their time.

ASSESSMENT AND GRADING

Students who complete their T Level will receive an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction or distinction*. They will get a nationally recognised certificate which will show their overall grade and a breakdown of what they have achieved.

The T Level certificate will include:

An overall grade for the T Level, shown as pass, merit, distinction or distinction*

A separate grade for the core component, using A* to E

A separate grade for each occupational specialism, shown as pass, merit or distinction

It will also include confirmation that the student has:

Met the minimum requirements for maths and English qualifications

Completed the industry placement

Met any additional mandatory requirements

TLevels-CampaignImage-FemaleSittingOnWall

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

TLevels-SocialMediaImage-FutureWorkforce

Still have questions about T Level? Our helpful FAQ guides will be able to answer any further questions you have!

You can download our course guide

Download