image

Maintenance, Installation, Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing Level 3 T Level

Add to Shortlist
  • image

    Full Time

  • image

    Two Years

  • image

    Boston

  • image

    September 2023

$

The Level 3 Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing T Level Technical Qualification will be studied over two years. Endorsed by businesses, T Levels bring together classroom learning and a 315-hour industry placement to allow students to experience an industry while continuing their studies.

Industry placements provide you with an opportunity to develop both practical and technical skills in a role directly relevant to the industry in which you study.

A T Level Distinction* is worth the same as three A Levels at A*, and are recognised by universities, so you can choose to continue studying at a higher level if you wish.

The T Level Technical Qualification is suitable for anyone interested in a career in maintenance, installation and repair for engineering and manufacturing.

Career within the industry could include roles such as Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Fitter etc.

What will I do?

You will spend 20% of your time on a placement with an external employer, with the remaining 80% in the classroom. You will develop an understanding of a broad range of topics relevant to the sector, including:

  • Working within the Engineering and Manufacturing Sectors – an understanding of how materials, conditions and context influence design processes and products
  • Essential mathematics for engineering and manufacturing – a knowledge and understanding of mathematics including standard matrices and determinants and standard trigonometry
  • Materials and their properties – understanding material processing techniques and their effects on materials and material quality, the condition of materials, how these are managed, and materials testing methods and techniques
  • Business, commercial and financial awareness - basic commercial principles including commercial priorities and markets, customers/clients/partners and resource allocation

The entry qualifications for the Level 3 Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing T Level Technical Qualification are at least five GCSEs at grade 5 or above including English, Maths at grade 6 or above.

The Level 3 Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing T Level Technical Qualification will take you two years, attending five days per week (including your industry placement).

The Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing T Level Technical Qualification Level 3 is free, if you are aged 16-18 on 31 August of the year you start the course.

You will be assessed through exams and practical observations.

Successful completion of the course would allow you to progress directly into the industry through employment or onto Higher Education in and Engineering related field.

Learners will require suitable PPE for practical elements of delivery. Uniform is supplied and available to purchase from a third party.

How to Apply.

To apply for a course, you will need to have an account with us!

Creating an account is easy, just click ‘Apply for this course’ below.

You can download our course guide

Download