Solicitors advise and act on behalf of individuals, organisations, businesses and government departments in legal matters.
Honours, Bachelor's degree
- Represents clients in court.
- Scrutinises statements, reports and legal documents relevant to the case being undertaken and prepares papers for court.
- Instructs counsel in higher and lower courts and pleads cases in lower courts as appropriate.
- Undertakes legal business on behalf of client in areas of business law, criminal law, probate, conveyancing and litigation, and acts as trustee or executor if required.
- Draws up contracts, leases, wills and other legal documents.
Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Writing, Active Learning, Speaking, Learning Strategies, Monitoring, Mathematics, Science