Print finishing and binding workers bind books and other publications and finish printed items by hand or machine.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Sets up and supervises automatic binding and finishing machine.
- Repairs worn book bindings.
- Embosses lettering or decoration on cover by hand or machine.
- Cuts board and cloth for book cover and spine.
- Trims head, tail and fore-edge of book and gilds and marbles page edges as necessary.
- Compresses sewn book in nipping machine to expel air and reduce swelling caused by sewing.
- Folds, collates and sews printed sheets by hand or machine.
Monitoring, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Active Listening, Writing, Speaking, Mathematics, Reading Comprehension, Science