Air travel assistants issue travel tickets and boarding passes, examine other documentation, provide information and assistance at airport terminals and look after the welfare, comfort and safety of passengers travelling in aircraft.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Directs and instructs passengers in the event of an emergency, ensures safety procedures are followed.
- Makes announcements on behalf of the pilot, demonstrates the use of emergency equipment and checks that safety belts are fastened.
- Sells duty-free goods during the flight.
- Ensures that sufficient stocks of meals and beverages are on board the aircraft prior to take off and serves passengers during the flight.
- Welcomes passengers on board the aircraft, guides them to their seats and assists with any hand luggage.
- Checks emergency equipment, distributes reading material, blankets and other items, and ensures that the aircraft is ready for the receipt of passengers.
- Receives passengers at airport terminal, examines tickets and other documentation, checks in luggage and distributes boarding passes.
Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Active Learning, Learning Strategies, Monitoring, Writing, Mathematics, Science