Travelling to College

Plan Your Journey!

Travelling to College

If you are aged under 19 as of 1st September and live more than 3 miles from College, you should apply for a subsidised travel pass from Lincolnshire County Council.

You can do this by applying online on the Lincolnshire County Council website, and then by selecting 'Apply Online' at the bottom of the page.

Helpful information to assist you to complete the LCC post-16 transport application

If you have any further questions, please call Lincolnshire County Council on 01522 782020 for assistance.

Bus service from Mablethorpe - Due to a change in service, there is no direct route from Mablethorpe to Boston College.  Please be aware that Boston College is not the designated college for Mablethorpe and students will not be entitled to LCC transport/bus passes. 

Not eligible for a Lincolnshire County Council Subsidised Travel Pass? - Don't worry, you can still travel to college via the network of public service buses or trains. Timetable can be found below:

Courtesy Bus - Free to travel with your College ID badge.

We operate a free courtesy bus service to and from the Rochford Campus and the Boston bus station at the start and end of each day. This service also takes and picks up learners at the Peter Paine Performance Centre.

Travelling to College by Car, Motorbike or Bike

If you are driving or cycling* to College, you can park for FREE at the following campuses:

  • Rochford
  • Peter Paine Performance Centre

The Sam Newsom Centre is just a short 5 minute walk away from the Rochford Campus, allowing you to park and take the short walk across to the campus.

There is currently no parking at our Spalding campus, but there are car parks available nearby, with prices starting from £3 a day at Westlode Street.

*Please note, cycle parking is at your own risk. We do recommend a secure bike lock, and using the allocated bike shelters.

Financial Support for Transport

You could save hundreds of pounds in travel costs by applying for the 16-19 Bursary or 19+ Learner Support Fund. This may include the cost of a Lincolnshire County Council travel pass, public transport tickets or a mileage allowance. Check out the details in the Financial Assistance page for more information.

Need Some More Advice?

If you need any support or additional information regarding traveling to College, you can ask to speak to a member of the College's Learner Services Team by calling 01205 313218 or emailing

You can download our course guide