Outstanding Ofsted Grading
Boston College has been rated outstanding across all areas by Ofsted for its social and residential care provision for students.
The inspection, which was held last month, found that ‘the College provides highly effective services that consistently exceed the standards of good’. The overall experiences and progress of young people, how well they’re helped and protected, and the effectiveness of leaders and managers, all received the highest possible grade. The Ofsted report commends the College and staff for providing ‘exemplary individual support for young people’.
Vice Principal of Curriculum and Quality at Boston College, Vicki Locke said, “Our committed team of staff make a difference to learners every day, by focusing most on what matters most to learners. This has now been acknowledged by Ofsted who agree that the work we do as a college changes lives and that our learners make outstanding progress.”
Ofsted described the College Leaders and Managers as ‘very ambitious for young people’ and went on to say ‘they ensure that residential students feel valued and have excellent academic, social and cultural experiences’.
Vicki Locke added, “Ofsted’s findings simply reflect what has always been our key focus as a college – to provide the very best learner experience every day.
Putting the welfare and experiences of students at the heart of its organisation is what has secured the College with an outstanding grade. The report highlighted some of the comments made by students, one of which said the support from the college had been ‘life-changing’ for him. Another student described the opportunities the college staff have given him, such as organising a personal tutor and providing him opportunities to learn new skills. He said: “They are getting us ready for the working world.”
Within the report, Ofsted highlighted a number of key findings from its impromptu inspection, including:
- The College goes to great lengths to ensure that young people successfully adapt to college life.
- A wide range of cultural and social activities enable students to have a rich and varied experience at the College.
- There is a clear vision that all staff have endorsed: ‘To be a brilliant college and for every learner to be brilliant.’
- Students consistently say that they feel safe and exceptionally well supported at the college.
- Young people have strong attendance in college and do very well academically.
- Robust health and safety procedures help to keep young people safe.
- The College principal is driven, determined and enthusiastic.
- Staff provide exemplary individual support for young people.
This fantastic result comes at the same time the College has been ranked as one of the top 5 colleges across the country for learner and employer satisfaction, and a couple of months after celebrating once again a 100% A level pass rate. The College is currently investing over £10 million into its campuses and facilities, providing the highest quality experience for all students.
To find out more about Boston College and the courses it has to offer, the next Open Event is on Thursday 6th February 2020, 5pm-8pm.