Application Process as an International Learner
International students choose Boston College because it provides a high standard of education, a safe, friendly environment, modern facilities, excellent relationships between students and staff, and an extensive student welfare service.
The steps below will guide you through the application process of becoming an International student at Boston College.
For all international students
- Complete the international enquiry form.
- A member of the Boston College International Department will then contact you.
You will be expected to send a copy of your passport, copies of your exam results, qualifications and school reports - ideally translated into English.
- When the International Department has all the relevant information, your application will be considered, and if we are able to offer you a place at Boston College we will send you an offer letter. Please note, those student requiring a Student Route Visa will be sent a conditional offer.
- If you are happy with your study offer, you will need to accept this offer.
- We will then stay in contact with you, leading up to your arrival at Boston College.
If you DO NOT require a Student Route Visa , please go to 'Step Two'.
If you DO require a Student Route Visa please read the below information before proceeding to 'Step Two'
- To accept your offer, you will need to pay the tuition deposit. Instructions for this will be in your conditional offer letter.
- You will need to provide the necessary evidence for Boston College to formally sponsor you to come to the UK to study. You will be provided with a list of information which you need to provide, including proof that you have the necessary finances in place before arriving in the UK.
- When you have provided the above evidence and paid the deposit, Boston College will issue you with your Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement and number. You will need this to apply for your visa. A CAS number cannot be allocated more than six months prior to the start of your course, and you can only apply for your visa three months before the start of your course.
- Apply for your student visa.
For more information on Student Route Visa, please visit the 'Courses Fees and Visa' page.
- Book your flight and let Boston College's International Department know the details.
- We will then arrange for you to be met at the airport and brought to the College. This is a FREE service the first time you come to the UK.
We will help you with any questions you have at any stage of the process - We are here to help you!
Need some more advice?
lf you would like more information about becoming an International student at Boston College or if you would like to become an International agent, please contact us:
Write to us: The International Office, Boston College, Skirbeck Road, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 6JF, England
Call us: +44(0) 1205 313212
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Message us: International Enquiry Form