Vocational and industrial trainers provide instruction in manual, manipulative and other vocational skills and advise on, plan and organise vocational instruction within industrial, commercial and other establishments.
Honours, Bachelor's degree
- Devises general and specialised training courses in response to particular needs.
- Advises on training programmes and discusses progress or problems with staff and trainees.
- Plans curriculum and rota of staff duties and updates or amends them in light of developments.
- Arranges work experience and instructional visits for trainees.
- Supervises trainee development, assists trainees with difficulties and prepares regular progress reports on each trainee for management.
- Assesses training requirements and prepares lectures, demonstrations and study aids.
Learning Strategies, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Speaking, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Mathematics, Science