Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods and freight.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.
- Obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries.
- Monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers.
- Formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff.
- Processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel.
Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Speaking, Learning Strategies, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Active Listening, Active Learning, Mathematics, Science