Steel erectors fit and erect structural metal framework for buildings and other structures such as metal chimneys.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Checks alignment of metal parts using spirit level and plumb-rule.
- Arranges for or undertakes bolting and welding of metal parts.
- Directs hoisting and positioning of girders and other metal parts and checks alignment.
- Erects ladders, scaffolding or working cage.
- Examines drawings and specifications to assess job requirements.
Active Listening, Speaking, Monitoring, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Mathematics, Learning Strategies, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Science