Workers in this unit group protect merchandise, individuals, hotels, offices, factories, public grounds and private estates from injury, theft or damage, and investigate fraud and crime on a non-statutory basis.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Calls in civil police and gives evidence in court where necessary.
- Receives duty sheet, time-clock and keys for premises to be visited, checks locks, doors, windows, etc. and reports any suspicious circumstances to security headquarters.
- Checks persons and vehicles entering and leaving premises, establishes their credentials and arranges for escorts for visitors.
- Monitors and patrols hotels, factories, offices and other premises, forests, parks, and public or private estates to prevent theft and unauthorised entry.
- Walks or rides near person requiring protection, watches for suspicious occurrences and defends guarded person from attack.
- Investigates crimes, trading practices and the private affairs of individuals.
Monitoring, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Writing, Speaking, Active Learning, Learning Strategies, Mathematics, Science