School secretaries provide administrative support in schools by keeping and maintaining school records and performing a range of routine clerical tasks within the school.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Arranges payment of invoices, handles cash.
- Orders equipment and stationery.
- Undertakes reception duties for visitors, handles face-to-face and telephone enquiries and passes on messages.
- Handles enquiries from parents and arranges meetings with members of staff.
- Maintains administrative records relating to pupils and staff, and generates statistical and other reports.
- Types directly or transcribes letters, reports and other documents, and prints or photocopies documents as required.
- Sorts, files and otherwise deals with incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Active Listening, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Monitoring, Active Learning, Mathematics, Science