Sales and retail assistants demonstrate and sell a variety of goods and services in shops, stores, showrooms and similar establishments.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Handles returns and deals with customer complaints.
- Arranges and replenishes goods on display stands, undertakes stock checks and assists with the receipt of deliveries from suppliers into the stock room.
- Receives full or partial payment, checks validity of form of payment, writes or prints bill, receipt or docket and packages merchandise for customer.
- Advises customer making major purchase on credit terms and arranges finance as appropriate.
- Advises customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times.
- Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired.
Speaking, Writing, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Mathematics, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Monitoring, Science