Receptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Maintains reception area in good order.
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency.
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients.
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries.
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Writing, Speaking, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Monitoring, Mathematics, Science