Rail travel assistants issue, collect and inspect travel tickets, provide information and assistance to railway passengers, operate train doors, and perform a variety of duties on station platforms in connection with the arrival and departure of trains and the movement of goods and passengers, and on trains to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Inspects and issues tickets on trains, deals with passenger enquiries, and takes charge of goods being transported on train.
- Checks control panel operation before start of journey, operates train door controls and signals to driver to start or stop train.
- Attends to the safety, welfare and comfort of passengers on trains and manages train crew.
- Assists passengers with special needs to board and leave trains.
- Loads and unloads mail, goods and luggage, operates lifts and hoists and drives small trucks.
- Helps with passenger enquiries and makes announcements over a public address system at stations.
- Examines and collects tickets at the ticket barrier of a railway station.
Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Learning Strategies, Writing, Monitoring, Speaking, Active Learning, Mathematics, Science