Rail and rolling stock builders and repairers erect, fit, assemble and repair rolling stock parts and sub-assemblies, and test and adjust new engines for trains.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Maintains record of repairs and maintenance carried out.
- Oils and greases train engines.
- Inspects and tests new and repaired machinery for conformity with standards and specifications.
- Examines rolling stock for defects, removes, replaces and repairs faulty parts.
- Fits and assembles parts and/or metal sub-assemblies to make train engines.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations.
Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Mathematics, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Active Listening, Active Learning, Monitoring, Speaking, Science