Printers set up and operate various small offset printing presses and digital printing processes.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Keeps production records.
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs and cleans machine.
- Produces, transfers and outputs digital print images.
- Dips wooden pattern block into colour tray and lays different colours on top of, and adjacent to, others to form the required pattern.
- Operates squeegee by hand or machine to press colour through screen.
- Pours colour into machine or directly on to screen and positions screen over item.
- Starts or directs start of printing run and monitors machine to ensure that printing proceeds smoothly.
- Prints and examines proof copies and adjusts press as necessary.
- Mixes and loads inks and solvents, loads paper and regulates during print run.
- Positions form or plate on machine, checks alignments and sets press.
Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Active Listening, Speaking, Mathematics, Writing, Science