Workers in this unit group operate and assist with still, cine and television cameras and operate other equipment to record, manipulate and project sound and vision for entertainment, cultural, commercial and industrial purposes.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Operates sound mixing and dubbing equipment to obtain desired mix, level and balance of sound.
- Manages health and safety issues.
- Operates equipment to record, edit and play back films and television programmes.
- Checks operation and positioning of projectors, vision and sound recording equipment, and mixing and dubbing equipment.
- Controls transmission, broadcasting and satellite systems for television and radio programmes, identifies and solves related technical problems.
- Takes, records and manipulates digital images and digital video footage.
- Photographs subject or follows action by moving camera.
- Operates scanning equipment to transfer image to computer and manipulates image to achieve the desired effect.
- Inserts lenses and adjusts aperture and speed settings as necessary.
- Arranges subject, lighting, camera equipment and any microphones.
- Selects subject and conceives composition of picture or discusses composition with colleagues.
Active Learning, Monitoring, Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Learning Strategies, Writing, Mathematics, Science