Pharmacists dispense drugs and medicaments in hospitals and pharmacies and advise on and participate in the development and testing of new drugs, compounds and therapies. They counsel on the proper use and adverse effects of drugs and medicines.
Honours, Bachelor's degree
- Ensures that drugs and medicaments are in good supply and are stored properly.
- Tests and analyses drugs to determine their identity, purity and strength.
- Liaises with other professionals regarding the development, manufacturing and testing of drugs.
- Maintains prescription files and records issue of narcotics, poisons and other habit-forming drugs.
- Checks that recommended doses are not being exceeded and that instructions are understood by patients.
- Highlights a drug.
- Advises health professionals on the selection and appropriate use of medicines.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of prescribed medicaments in liquid, powder, tablet, ointment or other form following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals.
Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Active Learning, Writing, Mathematics, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Science