Personal assistants and other secretaries provide administrative and secretarial support to individuals, departmental or management teams within organisations.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Translates documents and liaises with overseas clients and suppliers.
- Arranges and attends meetings, takes minutes and prepares records of proceedings.
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (in hard copy and electronic) and deals directly with routine correspondence.
- Arranges appointments, keeps business diary, organises travel arrangements, makes reservations and organises a variety of functions.
- Acts as a first point of contact for a manager or team with colleagues and people from outside organisations, fields telephone enquiries, takes and passes on messages.
Active Listening, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Mathematics, Science