Job holders in this unit group undertake a variety of administrative and clerical duties in national government departments, and in local offices of national government departments.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks such as proof reading printed material, drafting letters, taking minutes etc.
- Responds to telephone enquiries and other forms of correspondence.
- Classifies, sorts and files publications, correspondence etc. in offices and libraries.
- Maintains and updates correspondence, documents, data and other records for storage in files or on computer.
- Undertakes administrative duties specific to the operation of HM Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government.
- Assists senior government officers with policy work, external liaison or general administrative work.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Mathematics, Science