Legal secretaries file and maintain legal and other records, transcribe notes and dictation into typewritten form and perform other routine clerical tasks in legal practices.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Sorts and files correspondence and carries out general clerical work.
- Delivers and collects documents.
- Attends meetings and keeps records of proceedings.
- Answers enquiries and directs clients to appropriate experts.
- Maintains court and clients.
- Types letters and legal documents such as wills and contracts.
Reading Comprehension, Writing, Active Listening, Speaking, Active Learning, Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Mathematics, Science