Legal associate professionals provide administrative support for legal professionals, and investigate and make recommendations on legal matters that do not fall within the province of a normal court of law.
Honours, Bachelor's degree
- Assists in all aspects of property conveyancing and probate and common law practice.
- Attends court to assist barristers and solicitors in the presentation of a case.
- Interviews and advises clients, undertakes preparatory work for court cases.
- Collates information, drafts briefs and other documents.
- Runs chambers on behalf of principals, develops the practice, manages the flow of work, decides which cases to accept, arranges appropriate fees and prepares financial records.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Speaking, Monitoring, Active Learning, Critical Thinking, Mathematics, Learning Strategies, Science