Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hotels, hostels, lodging homes, holiday camps, holiday flats and chalets, and organise the domestic, catering, and entertainment facilities on passenger ships.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and ensures adherence to licensing and other statutory regulations.
- Approves and arranges shipboard entertainment and shore trips and liaises with ship.
- Ensures physical comfort of residents or passengers and makes special arrangements for children, the elderly and the infirm if required.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Analyses demand and decides on type, standard and cost of services to be offered.
Monitoring, Active Listening, Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Learning, Learning Strategies, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, Science