Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other health-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 221: Health Professionals. They may work autonomously or in teams with other health workers.
Honours, Bachelor's degree
- Monitors patient.
- Supervises physiotherapy assistants.
- Offers advice and education on how to avoid injury and promote patient.
- Explains treatment to and instructs patient in posture and other exercises and adapts treatment as necessary.
- Plans and undertakes therapy to improve circulation, restore joint mobility, strengthen muscles and reduce pain.
- Writes up patients.
- Examines medical reports and assesses patient to determine the condition of muscles, nerves or joints in need of treatment.
- Provides prosthetic devices to patients and advises on rehabilitation.
- Carries out a range of oral/dental treatments.
- Diagnoses and treats patients with a variety of hearing-related problems.
- Conducts medical education relevant to specialism and provides team leadership and supervision.
- Operate heart-lung machines during surgical procedures.
- Provides high level support within surgical teams before, during and after surgery.
- Provides expert technical and technological support in the delivery of critical care.