Groundsmen and greenkeepers cut and lay turf and maintain areas for golf courses and other sports grounds.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Rolls, mows and waters grass, marks out pitches.
- Monitors and maintains the quality and condition of turf.
- Moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs appropriate landscaping features and maintains such features.
- Cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf.
- Levels ground and installs drainage system as required.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Monitoring, Writing, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Mathematics, Critical Thinking, Science