Farm workers perform a variety of tasks, by hand and machine, to produce and harvest crops and to breed and rear cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Carries out maintenance on farm buildings, hedges, ditches and erects and repairs fences.
- Moves and handles livestock and tends them during birth and rearing of young.
- Treats minor ailments and assists veterinary surgeon as required.
- Cleans barns, sheds, pens, yards, incubators and breeding units and sterilises milking and other equipment as necessary.
- Weighs and measures foodstuffs, feeds animals and checks them for any signs of disease.
- Cultivates growing crops by hoeing, spraying and thinning as necessary.
- Operates farm machinery to prepare soil, fertilise and treat crops.
Active Learning, Mathematics, Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Active Listening, Science, Writing, Speaking, Reading Comprehension