Dental nurses prepare patients for, and assist with, dental examinations, prepare and sterilise instruments and maintain case records.
Level 4 NVQ; Intermediate, DipHE, DipFE
- Maintains records, processes and mounts x-ray films and undertakes reception duties.
- Removes water and saliva from patient.
- Assists with minor treatment, such as preparing materials for fillings.
- Hands required equipment and medication to dentist during examination.
- Prepares and sterilises instruments and follows guidelines to maintain sterile conditions within the surgery.
- Prepares patient for examination.
Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Active Learning, Writing, Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Monitoring, Science, Mathematics