Company secretaries (excluding qualified chartered secretaries) file and maintain company records, translate notes and dictation into typewritten form and perform other clerical tasks within commercial organisations.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Ensures office supplies such as stationery and equipment are maintained.
- Undertakes reception responsibilities by greeting visitors and arranging refreshments.
- Answers, screens, handles and directs telephone requests and enquiries, takes messages and forwards to the appropriate member of staff.
- Arranges meetings, circulates agenda and other meeting documents, attends meetings, and takes and prepares minutes.
- Keeps appointments diary, makes travel arrangements and arranges conference and other functions.
- Files and retrieves documents, sets up and maintains filing systems and reproduces copies of documentation as required.
- Deals directly with routine correspondence.
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (both hard copy and electronic).
Active Listening, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Monitoring, Learning Strategies, Active Learning, Mathematics, Science