Workers in this unit group receive and respond to telephone calls from potential clients and existing customers regarding the products and services offered by an organisation.
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
- Arranges for field staff to visit the caller if further assistance is required.
- Maintains details of calls received, the action taken as a result of a call and updates customer database as required.
- Advises on services available and sells additional products or services.
- Informs existing and potential customers on any immediate action to be taken, and refers the matter to a more senior member of staff if necessary.
- Interviews caller to establish the nature of any complaint or the requirements of the client.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from existing or prospective customers.
Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Monitoring, Active Learning, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Speaking, Writing, Mathematics, Science