Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of agricultural and fishing tasks.
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
- Monitors and maintains the level of wildfowl on public and private estates.
- Patrols a designated area of the countryside to monitor damage, erosion, access to rights of way and the state of footpaths and other facilities, and carries out remedial maintenance work as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains forest nurseries, forestry and woodland, and diagnoses and treats diseased trees.
- Navigates and maintains shipping vessels, assists with the shooting, hauling and repairing of fishing nets, prepares, lays and empties baited pots, and guts, sorts and stows fish.
- Nets river fish and feeds and maintains them in spawning pens, cultivates and harvests oysters, mussels and clams on natural and artificial beds, treats water and diseased fish, and empties and cleans outdoor tanks.